Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following a crash on the A14 near Stowmarket yesterday.
Police received reports of a crash involving two cars on the westbound carriageway close to junction 49 and Tot Hill around 11.30am.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said a woman aged in her 20s was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and was subsequently released pending further enquiries.
Three people were injured in the crash and one lane of the road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 11.38am with reports of a collision on the A14.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent one ambulance and a rapid response vehicle.
“Three patients were taken to West Suffolk Hospital for further treatment.”
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 3 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats