Woman arrested after ‘your store is ****’ graffiti sprayed on TK Maxx, Newmarket, multiple times
- Credit: Archant
A woman aged 29 has been arrested after allegedly spraying multiple offensive messages on the side of the TK Maxx store in Newmarket.
The store, in the High Street, has been covered in blue paint, with several repeated and offensive messages scrawled on the wall and the windows.
Many of the messages state “your store is ****”, while several other swearwords and smiley faces have also been painted.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Police were called just after 2am on August 3 to reports that a woman had been seen spray painting the front windows of a shop in High Street.
“Officers arrived at the scene in 15 minutes and subsequently arrested a 29-year-old woman from Newmarket on suspicion of criminal damage.
“She was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where she currently remains questioning.”
The store declined to comment on the story, but has not closed to customers.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 3 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 10 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
TK Maxx have been approached for a comment.