Woman arrested on suspicion of drink driving while still at work
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crashing into a telegraph pole - while she was still working.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team Tweeted today and said they had been called to the crash in Melton, near Woodbridge.
They arrested a woman at the scene and she was taken into custody.
It is alleged the arrested woman blew 56ug/100ml of ethanol while in custody, the legal limit being 35ug/100ml.
Police added that the woman was working at the time of the alleged incident - much to their shock.
The incident comes soon after Suffolk Constabulary launched an online portal to help the public report suspected drink and drug driving concerns.
You may also want to watch:
Police are also cracking down on alleged drink and drug drivers in the build up to Christmas.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door