Woman badly burned in hair fire horror

A WOMAN has suffered severe burns after accidentally setting fire to her hair while she was dying it.

A WOMAN has suffered severe burns after accidentally setting fire to her hair while she was dying it.

It is believed the woman was smoking at the time of the incident, which happened early today in Westcliff, Essex.

Paramedics and firefighters were called and she was taken to hospital with serious injuries.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter