Woman charged with GBH after two police officers are stabbed in Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been charged after two police officers were stabbed during an incident in Chelmsford.
Humaira Akhtar, 50, of Springfield Road, Chelmsford, has been charged with two offences of section 18 wounding to intent after two police officers from Essex Police were stabbed after being called to a property in Springfield Road, Chelmsford, following a report of a concern for welfare.
One of the officers suffered a serious leg injury which required hospital treatment. The force said he is recovering well.
The second injured officer is awaiting further treatment for a hand injury.
The incident took place shortly after 11pm on Friday, December 1.
You may also want to watch:
Akhtar appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court today. No pleas were entered, a court spokesman confirmed.
Akhtar has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on January 2, 2018.
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week