Woman charged with murder of Colchester man Martin Dines
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been charged with the murder of 56-year-old Martin Dines from Colchester.
Heidi Kennedy, 46, of Queen Elizabeth Way, Colchester, has been charged with murder after a man’s body was found in a Colchester car park on Monday.
The 56-year-old man, identified yesterday as Martin Dines, from Colchester, is believed to have been a member of the town’s rough sleeping community. His body was found just before 9am in St Mary’s car park on Balkerne Hill in the town.
Despite the best efforts of paramedics, he was pronounced dead at the scene and a post-mortem examination was carried out yesterday.
Kennedy was one of four people arrested in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
She appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court today, Wednesday, April 25 and has been remanded in custody to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, April 27.
Two men aged 32 and 45 arrested on suspicion of murder remain in police custody.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
A 47-year-old man also arrested on suspicion of murder has been released under investigation.
The news comes as Mr Dines’ father, Brian Dines, today issued a tribute to his son. He said Martin was very fond of his mother, Mary.
Mr Dines said: “Martin was no angel, but he couldn’t be too bad, because he always laughed at my jokes.
“I looked forward to seeing him, he would visit every six weeks to come for a chat.
“He always told Mary he loved her and I wasn’t a bad old stick.
“I found him entertaining company.
“Martin found his lifestyle challenging but he enjoyed a challenge.”
Kennedy has also been charged with assaulting a woman in Colchester on Sunday, April 22.
St Mary’s car park, which had been closed since Monday, reopened yesterday evening.