Woman dies after crash in Lound on Suffolk/Norfolk border
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after suffering serious head injuries in a collision on the Suffolk/Norfolk border last week.
A white Vauxhall Corsa left the carriageway and collided with a metal barrier in Browston Lane, around 400 metres north of the Yarmouth Road junction, in Lound shortly after 5pm on Tuesday, November 21.
The woman, aged in her 50s, was a passenger in the vehicle and sustained serious head injuries.
She was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston, before being transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, but later died from her injuries, Norfolk Constabulary said today.
It is understood the woman was not from the region.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car, a man aged in his 20s, was taken to the James Paget University Hospital with minor injuries.
The road was closed while emergency services attended and was reopened at around 9.30pm on the same day.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 4 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 7 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 8 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 9 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 10 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of the Corsa prior to the incident.
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Constabulary on 101 quoting reference 351.