Woman dies after house fire
A 65-YEAR-old woman has died after a house fire in Lowestoft overnight.
The woman was in cardiac arrest when paramedics arrived at the blaze in Bishops Walk at 5.58am.
Despite being taken to the James Paget Hospital, the woman was pronounced dead a short time later.
Fire crews were called to the scene at 5.40am and found a bedroom of the property well alight.
Crews from Lowestoft wore breathing apparatus to tackle the flames, which were out by 6.30am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said the woman’s death is being treated as unexplained but there are not thought to be suspicious circumstances at this stage.
A post mortem and inquest will be held in due course.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm