Woman in her 40s dies after collision with bus
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after being involved in a collision with a bus in Braintree earlier today.
Police were called to Coggeshall Road in the centre of Braintree at 1.10pm today to reports of a collision involving a woman in her 40s and a bus.
The road has remained closed between Wheatley Avenue and Bartram Avenue North since the incident.
The woman’s family have been informed and the bus driver is assisting the police with their enquiries.
Officers are trying to establish the circumstances of the crash and want to speak to anyone who saw the woman walking in the area ahead of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with mobile, CCTV or dash cam footage is asked to get in touch.
Call the Serious Collision Investigations Unit on 101 quoting incident 611 of 16/09 or report information online by visiting www.essex.police.uk
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster