Woman in her 40s dies after collision with bus
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after being involved in a collision with a bus in Braintree earlier today.
Police were called to Coggeshall Road in the centre of Braintree at 1.10pm today to reports of a collision involving a woman in her 40s and a bus.
The road has remained closed between Wheatley Avenue and Bartram Avenue North since the incident.
The woman’s family have been informed and the bus driver is assisting the police with their enquiries.
Officers are trying to establish the circumstances of the crash and want to speak to anyone who saw the woman walking in the area ahead of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with mobile, CCTV or dash cam footage is asked to get in touch.
Call the Serious Collision Investigations Unit on 101 quoting incident 611 of 16/09 or report information online by visiting www.essex.police.uk
- 1 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 2 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 3 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 4 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 5 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 home loss to Sunderland
- 7 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 8 Development of 136 homes approved for rural village
- 9 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 10 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved