Woman in her 20s dies in car crash
A woman has died at the scene of a car crash in Essex and a man arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
Essex Police were called to Thaxted Road in Howlett End at 9.10pm on Friday, December 4, after a Nissan Micra overturned.
A woman aged in her 20s died at the scene of the accident.
A man, aged 25, from the Dunmow area was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs and failing to stop at the scene of a collision.
He was taken to hospital before being taken into custody where he remains for questioning.
Police officers are looking to identify two members of the public who assisted with removing people from the car.
They are believed to have left the scene after emergency services arrived, but their details were not obtained.
- 1 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 2 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 8 Death of Sophie Riley was misadventure, inquest jury concludes
- 9 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 10 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
Police would also like to speak to any drivers who were in the area at the time and have dash cam footage of a blue Nissan Micra, or anyone living in the area who has CCTV.
Please contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on CollisionAppeal@essex.pnn.police.uk quoting incident 1254 of December 4.