Pedestrian dies in hospital week after city centre lorry crash
- Credit: Google
A woman in her 40s has died following a collision in Chelmsford.
Pedestrian Gail Bennett-Mills, 48, from Chelmsford, was involved in a collision with a lorry in Parkway on Monday, July 30.
The crash happened at about 12.10pm.
Gail was airlifted to Whitechapel Hospital, in London, in a condition described by police as life-threatening.
Essex Police announced on Saturday that Gail had died in hospital on Tuesday, August 7 – a week after the crash happened.
You may also want to watch:
Following the collision, Parkway was temporarily closed to traffic between the High Chelmer multi-storey car park and the Odeon roundabout, towards the Army Navy flyover.
Police said their enquiries are ongoing, and have asked any witnesses to the collision to contact the serious collision investigation unit by calling 01245 240590 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk