Woman dies in hospital following three car crash in Essex last night
A woman has died in hospital following a crash involving three vehicles on the A131 at Little Waltham, Essex, last night.
It happened at around 8.20pm and involved a red Ford Focus, an orange BMW Z4 and a brown Honda Jazz.
Two fire crews from Chelmsford were sent to the scene and used cutting equipment to free the driver of the Focus, a woman in her 70s, who was trapped in her car.
She was taken by ambulance to Broomfield Hospital, where she later died.
The woman driver of the BMW was also taken to Broomfield Hospital by ambulance, treated and later released. The driver of the Jazz did not require medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The A131 was closed for around six hours to enable the emergency services to deal with the incident and also carry out initial forensic collision investigation work.
The Serious Collision Investigation Unit would like to hear from anyone who saw the collision or who may have information which would assist. They can be contacted on 101 or by email at email@example.com
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes