Woman dies in serious crash in Great Finborough
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A woman has died following a two car crash in Great Finborough this afternoon.
Emergency services were called at 2.40pm to High Road, the B1115, to reports of the crash.
Two men aged in their 70s, drivers of a Vauxhall Astra and a Range Rover involved in the collision, have been taken to West Suffolk Hospital with chest pains.
It is understood their injuries are not life-threatening.
A woman also aged in her 70s, a passenger in the Vauxhall, was declared dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until 7.40pm while investigations took place.
The East of England Ambulance Service Trust sent two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance to the scene.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
The crash happened about a mile-and-a-half south of Great Finborough on the road to Hitcham, and completely blocked the road.
Officers believe the stretch of road was busy at the time of the crash, and have appealed for any witnesses to either the collision or who saw either of the cars before the incident, to get in touch as soon as possible.
Witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk police by calling 101 quoting reference CAD 247 of January 26.