Woman disappears while walking on Suffolk beach
A WOMAN has disappeared after walking along a Suffolk beach and police officers are today searching the area.
The 83-year-old woman went missing in Lowestoft at around 11am yesterday.
Joyce Parker is on holiday, visiting the area from her home in Kettering and was walking along the beach at Pakefield with her husband.
Her husband was tired and so returned to where the couple are staying, leaving his wife to carry on along the beach.
Police officers are today appealing for any witnesses to come forward to help trace Mrs Joyce.
You may also want to watch:
They have received reports of a possible sighting of her in Kessingland at around 1pm, but it was thought she had been heading north along the beach.
At around 6pm yesterday when she failed to return the alarm was raised and police were called.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
Officers on the ground and the force helicopter immediately began searching for her, and Southwold lifeboat and the coastguard were also mobilised to help with these searches, but so far no trace has been found.
Searches will continue today, but police are asking anyone who may have seen her since 11am yesterday to come forward.
Although Mrs Parker is known to be mobile there is concern for her safety as she did not take any money or her medication with her.
She is described as white, around 5ft 2ins tall, with short straight white hair and at the time she went missing wore a green top, green coat and dark trousers.
Anyone who thinks they may have seen her, or anyone with information about where she is now, is asked to call the duty sergeant at Lowestoft Police Station on 01986 835300.