Woman driver critical
A WOMAN is in a critical condition in hospital after suffering serious head injuries in a head-on road crash in Essex.The 22-year-old was heading towards Hatfield Peverel on the B1137 in a white Peugeot van when she was in collision with a blue Vauxhall Astra coming from the opposite direction.
A WOMAN was in a critical condition in hospital last night after suffering serious head injuries in a head-on road crash in Essex.
The 22-year-old was heading towards Hatfield Peverel on the B1137 in a white Peugeot van when she was in collision with a blue Vauxhall Astra coming from the opposite direction.
The accident happened at about 7.30pm on Sunday, close to the crossing point where vehicles can join the A12, leaving both drivers trapped.
Fire crews worked for about 45 minutes to cut the two women from their cars as ambulance crews tried to stabilise their conditions.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Ambulance Service said: “The most seriously injured was the 22-year-old woman. She had suffered a serious head injury along with injuries to her legs and chest.”
Early yesterdaythe Rayne woman was transferred from Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, to a specialist head injuries unit at Oldchurch Hospital in Romford.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 10 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
The other woman, a 23-year-old from Mistley, suffered swelling to her legs and ankles but no fractures. She was treated at Broomfield Hospital before being released.
“This was a serious crash and required good co-operation between ambulance and fire crews to ensure the patients were released as quickly as possible,” the spokesman added.
The collision closed the road for more about four hours and anyone who witnessed the accident should contact Chelmsford traffic police on 01245 452076.
n A seven-year-old suffered spinal injuries after a collision between two cars in Clacton on Sunday.
The accident happened at 1.45pm in Holland Road, near to its junction with Sladbury's Lane, when a green Peugeot 306 was in collision with a blue Vauxhall Astra.
The 49-year-old Peugeot driver was left bruised from his seatbelt but the youngster in the back suffered spinal injuries and was taken to hospital.
Anyone who witnessed the accident should contact Pc Ian Whitfield at Stanway road policing unit on