Woman escapes serious injury after being freed from overturned car
A WOMAN was taken to hospital after the car she was driving overturned on a road near Bury St Edmunds.
The A134 at Bradfield Combust was completely blocked following the crash, which happened shortly after 8am this morning.
Paramedics, firefighters and police arrived on scene, just north of the Bury junction, to find a yellow Volkswagen Golf on its roof.
The female driver, whose age was not confirmed by emergency services, was trapped inside the vehicle.
Three fire crews from Bury were able to free the woman using cutting gear.
You may also want to watch:
She was put in the care of an ambulance crew who took her to the West Suffolk Hospital for injuries which were not thought to be serious.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk