Woman injured in fall while on board boat in River Alde
A woman was hurt when she fell over on a pleasure boat which was moored in the River Alde.
The incident happened yesterday at 4pm and the crew of the Aldeburgh Inshore Lifeboat was called out.
She had fallen over on the Lady Florence which was on its mooring at Orford Quay.
Steve Saint, the lifeboat coxwain said the woman, who works on the vessel, suffered an injured arm and was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
He said: “The lady was made comfortable and transferred to Orford Quay. An ambulance had been tasked but the waiting time was three plus hours so the skipper of Lady Florence drove her to Ipswich Hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
The crew returned to their station at 5.30pm.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 8 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's