Three men released under investigation after teenager forced into taxi in Bury St Edmunds and raped
- Credit: Archant
A teenage woman was raped after she was forced into a taxi outside a Suffolk nightclub.
Three men who were arrested in connection with the attack have been released under investigation.
The victim, a 19-year-old woman, told police that at around 3am on Saturday she was made to get into a cab by three men outside Flex in St Andrew’s Street, Bury St Edmunds.
She was driven to a property in a rural location between Bury St Edmunds and Sudbury where she was then raped, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
The woman was later able to leave the house on foot and alert police who were immediately sent to investigate.
You may also want to watch:
A 19-year-old man from Sudbury and a 22-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds were arrested on suspicion of rape.
A 26-year-old man from Banbury, Oxfordshire was also arrested in connection with the incident.
- 1 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 4 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 8 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 9 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision
The trio were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre to be questioned by detectives.
They were today released under investigation while inquiries continue.
The woman is being supported by specialist trained officers.
Suffolk Constabulary has launched an extensive inquiry into the crime, which has included forensic and CCTV work.
Police are appealing for anyone who was in the vicinity of Flex nightclub around 3am on April 21 and who may have any information relating to this incident to call the West Safeguarding Unit at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101 quoting reference 21378/18.