Woman held at knifepoint in Newmarket attempted robbery
Police are searching for a man who held a 21-year-old woman at knifepoint during an attempted robbery in Newmarket.
The incident happened in Valley Way shortly after 6am when the woman was walking to work.
A man approached her from behind, grabbed her, and turned her around, before holding a knife to her face and demanding money.
When she told him she did not have any he put the knife to her stomach and told her not to contact police, before running off.
She received a minor scratch beneath her eye and a scratch to the stomach.
The man was around 5ft 5in tall, of medium build and spoke with an eastern European accident.
He was wearing a dark top with a hood up and a black bandana over his face.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 5 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 6 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 7 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 8 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 9 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 10 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
Anyone who saw or heard any suspicious activity, or may have dash cam footage in the area around that time should call police on 101.