Woman’s handbag snatched and clothing ripped by hooded men in Halstead alleyway
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 20s reported being robbed and sexually assaulted in Halstead.
The incident happened in an alleyway at about 4am on Saturday morning.
The victim was walking between Trinity Street and Colne Valley Close when she was approached by two men.
The suspects grabbed her, causing her trousers to rip, before running off with her handbag, containing her phone and a three-figure sum of cash.
The victim called police and reported a robbery and a sexual assault.
She suffered minor bruising during the incident but did not require hospital treatment.
The suspects were both between 5ft 8in and 6ft, wearing dark clothing and tops with the hoods up.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 9 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
Anyone with information, dash-cam or CCTV footage from the time of the incident is asked to contact Braintree CID on 101, quoting crime reference 42/22682/18, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.