Woman in 70s dragged along street in Colchester handbag robbery
A woman in her 70s was dragged along the ground after a robber grabbed her handbag in Colchester yesterday, police have said.
The 77-year-old victim was walking in Attlee Gardens when the suspect approached her from behind and grabbed her bag.
She was pulled to the floor and dragged along the ground until the robber forced the bag from her hands and ran off.
She suffered grazing to her hands and knees.
The incident took place at 6.10pm.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect was described as a white man aged in his late 20s, of medium build and about 5ft 8ins tall. He wore a bright red hooded top with the hood up and grey jogging bottoms.
Police are investigating. To help, call 101.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich