Woman in 70s suffers potentially life-threatening injuries during car crash at West Suffolk Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A female pedestrian aged in her 70s is fighting for her life after she was involved in a collision with a car within the grounds of a Suffolk hospital.
Emergency services were alerted to the crash at West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds, at 10.30am today.
The woman has sustained potentially life-threatening injuries, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary.
After receiving initial treatment at West Suffolk Hospital, the victim was later transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further care.
The area where the collision happened was closed off while an investigation took place.
You may also want to watch:
A West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust spokeswoman said: “At 10.20am this morning, we received reports of a suspected road traffic collision on the West Suffolk Hospital site.
“One person was sadly very seriously injured.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
“After extensive care from our emergency team, the patient was conveyed to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for further treatment.
“Our Suffolk police colleagues are currently on site, and we are assisting them with their investigations into this incident.
“Patients who need to access the hospital today are still able to do so; you will be directed where you need to go when you arrive on site, but we appreciate your patience as we support the police regarding this incident.”
Any witnesses to the crash are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 128 of today.