Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- Credit: Tom Potter
A man has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving after a crash on the A12 left a woman in her 60s in a critical condition.
Emergency services were called just after 5.15pm on Wednesday, April 21 following reports of a two-vehicle collision involving a black BMW and a grey Vauxhall Corsa, between Yoxford and Kelsale.
The driver of the Vauxhall Corsa, a woman in her 60s, was taken to Ipswich Hospital via air ambulance and sustained life-threatening injuries.
She remains in hospital at this time and her condition is described as critical.
The driver of the BMW, a man in his 20s, suffered minor leg injuries and was taken to hospital for further assessment but has since been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and taken to custody for questioning, where he remains.
The road was closed for recovery vehicles to deal with the aftermath and remove the vehicles but has since reopened.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of the vehicles, or anyone with dash cam footage to assist with the investigation.
Any witnesses should contact the Roads and Armed Policing Team on 101 quoting reference 312 of Wednesday, April 21.