Woman in her 70s taken to hospital after single vehicle collision in west Suffolk village
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews worked to release a woman trapped in her car after it crashed into a ditch in Hundon.
The brigade was alerted at 1.14pm to the collision on Stradishall Road and called for assistance from the ambulance service.
The motorist was out of her vehicle and left in the care of paramedics by 2pm.
An ambulance spokesman said the driver, aged in her 70s, was treated at the scene for a cut to her head before being taken to West Suffolk Hospital for further treatment.
Her injuries were described as minor.
You may also want to watch:
Four fire crews, one from Clare, Haverhill, Wickhambrook and Long Melford, attended the crash.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future