Woman in her 80s robbed by man in alleyway in Ipswich
Police are investigating after a woman in her 80s was robbed in Ipswich.
The incident took place in an alleyway in Abbotsbury Close, leading to Netley Close at around 11.45am yesterday.
The woman was followed into the alleyway by a man who snatched her handbag from her shoulder, causing her to drop the shopping bags she was carrying.
The man then ran off in the direction of Stoke Park Drive.
The handbag is described as a black leather handbag with contained cash, keys and a Nokia mobile phone.
You may also want to watch:
The woman has suffered from pain in her shoulder as a result of the robbery.
The man is described as white, clean shaven, well built, around 6ft tall and wearing a black baseball cap, back zip-up coat and faded black trousers.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, quoting IW/15/1468, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.