Woman in life-threatening condition after becoming trapped under car in Colchester – one man arrested
- Credit: Archant
A woman is fighting for her life after being involved in a collision in the early hours of today.
All three emergency services were called to Greenstead Road in Colchester at 4.35am following reports a pedestrian had become trapped under a car.
Firefighters had to use airbags to lift the vehicle, a Vauxhall Astra, off the casualty. She was free by 5am.
She was then taken to hospital in Colchester. A police spokesman described her condition as “life threatening”.
The spokesman added: “Following investigations at the scene a 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and taken to Colchester police station for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
“He was later further arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
“Police investigations are continuing.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 7 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
Greenstead Road remains closed while the incident is investigated.