Woman in life-threatening condition after becoming trapped under car in Colchester – one man arrested
- Credit: Archant
A woman is fighting for her life after being involved in a collision in the early hours of today.
All three emergency services were called to Greenstead Road in Colchester at 4.35am following reports a pedestrian had become trapped under a car.
Firefighters had to use airbags to lift the vehicle, a Vauxhall Astra, off the casualty. She was free by 5am.
She was then taken to hospital in Colchester. A police spokesman described her condition as “life threatening”.
The spokesman added: “Following investigations at the scene a 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and taken to Colchester police station for questioning.
“He was later further arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
“Police investigations are continuing.”
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 3 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 4 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 5 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 6 Ipswich Town appoint new Academy Manager
- 7 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 8 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
- 9 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 10 Man found guilty of sex assaults on schoolgirl
Greenstead Road remains closed while the incident is investigated.