Woman in serious condition after falling ill at the wheel on A11 near Barton Mills
- Credit: Archant
A woman was taken to hospital after a crash on the A11 northbound between Barton Mills and Elveden.
The A11 was temporally shut to allow the air ambulance to land but has since reopened.
The woman lost control of the red Nissan Qashqai she was driving and collided with the central reservation after falling ill at the wheel. She was described as falling in and out of consciousness at the scene.
Critical care paramedics from the East Anglian Air Ambulance attended, staying with her while she was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by land ambulance.
The ambulance service said the woman was in a serious condition but had no signs of external injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened at around 7.30pm today (October 20).
One lane northbound is still currently closed as of 11pm (October 20) while police investigations take place.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich