Woman injured and left having nightmares after bus forced to brake hard by vehicle in Colchester
A woman has been left scared of travelling on buses and is having “nightmares” after being injured on a bus in north-east Essex, police have said.
Officers are investigating after a First Essex bus was forced to brake hard to avoid a silver vehicle that pulled into its path in Colchester last week.
A passenger, a woman in her 60s, was thrown from her seat and fell to the floor, suffering serious shoulder injuries.
Investigating officer Pc Nick Luff, of Essex Police, said: “A silver vehicle pulled across the path of the bus causing the driver to brake hard.
“The woman sustained fractured bones around her left shoulder, a dislocated shoulder and a bump on the head.
You may also want to watch:
“She is still receiving medical treatment and is having nightmares and cannot sleep. She is also scared of travelling on buses again.”
The incident took place on Wimpole Road at the junction with Barrack Street shortly after 11.20am on Tuesday last week.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
To help police, call 101.