Woman injured in crash between car and lorry on the A140
- Credit: Archant
A woman was injured in a road traffic collision between a car and a lorry on the A140 this evening.
Suffolk police were called to the collision, which involved a Vauxhall Astra, in Yaxley, at 6.25pm.
One fire engine from Eye Fire Station attended the crash, along with two engines from Diss were mobilised to the scene.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “Working closely with the ambulance crew on the scene the fire service used hydraulic cutting equipment to remove the roof of the car in order to release one trapped female casualty.
“The fire crews from both counties also carried out stabilisation of the vehicles involved and scene safety.”
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for a short time while the woman, who was driving the car, was freed by firefighters.
A police spokesman said the woman was taken to hospital with fractures of the arm and shoulder, along with a head injury.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 FA Youth Cup, semi-final - LIVE: Agbaje header puts Town ahead at half-time against Liverpool
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
The road reopened at 8pm.