Woman killed at level crossing
AN investigation has been launched after a woman was killed after being struck by a train at a level crossing this evening.Police were contacted by a member of the public shortly before 8pm and on arrival at the scene in Hythe, Essex, found the body of a woman.
AN investigation has been launched after a woman was killed after being struck by a train at a level crossing this evening.
Police were contacted by a member of the public shortly before 8pm and on arrival at the scene in Hythe, Essex, found the body of a woman. Police officers also found a man at the scene who had sustained leg injuries and he has been accompanied by police officers to Colchester General Hospital who are keen to establish what happened.
Both the northbound and southbound carriageway at Hythe has been closed for safety and investigative reasons.
Train services between Colchester and Clacton andWalton will be severely disrupted with services subject to short notice alterations and cancellations.
Clacton services will terminate and start at Colchester to Liverpool Street. Walton services will operate between Walton and Thorpe-Le-Soken.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 7 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
A replacement bus services will operate between Colchester and Clacton.