Woman killed in road crash
A WOMAN was killed and a number of other people injured after a three-vehicle pile-up on a Suffolk road last night .Three people were initially taken to hospital after the crash on the B1083 at Bromeswell, near Woodbridge, shortly after 6pm.
A WOMAN was killed and a number of other people injured after a three-vehicle pile-up on a Suffolk road last night .
Three people were initially taken to hospital after the crash on the B1083 at Bromeswell, near Woodbridge, shortly after 6pm.
However, police confirmed last night that an adult female had died as a result of the injuries she suffered in the collision.
The crash, which happened at the junction of the C340 road, involved two cars and a van.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire engines from Orford, Woodbridge and Ipswich attended the crash and used cutting gear to release one of the casualties from the wreckage.
A spokeswoman for the East Anglian Ambulance Service said three people had been taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance, while another four were treated at the scene.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
Last night, a spokesman for Suffolk police said: "Obviously we cannot release the details of the deceased until her family has been informed.
"We are appealing for witnesses to the collision or anyone with information to contact police."
Police were last night unable to give any more details about the accident, although an investigation was under way to establish how it happened.
Anyone with information about the accident should call Pc 114 Annie Taylor at the road policing unit on 01473 613730.