Woman loses fight for life after crash
A 21-year-old woman died last night - a day after she suffered critical head injuries in a three-car road crash.She was one of four people injured in the accident close to RAF Lakenheath in Brandon Road, Wangford, at 12.20pm on Wednesday.
A 21-year-old woman died last night - a day after she suffered critical head injuries in a three-car road crash.
She was one of four people injured in the accident close to RAF Lakenheath in Brandon Road, Wangford, at 12.20pm on Wednesday .
The woman, who is thought to come from the area, was airlifted to West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, but a police spokesman said she died last night.
A USAF employee, who was in one of the other car's, suffered minor injuries in the collision and was taken to the on-site hospital at RAF Lakenheath where he was checked over by medics.
You may also want to watch:
And a man and a woman, also American service personnel, who were in the third car, were injured.
The man was described by paramedics as "walking wounded" while the woman suffered serious leg injuries and was taken to the base hospital by the USAF's own ambulance team.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 5 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 10 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
The police spokesman said the woman who died would be named later today.