Police appeal after mother hit with football and mooned at during spat with teens
A mother was left “distressed” after she was hit in the face with a football and mooned at during an alteration with a group of teenagers.
The incident happened around 5.15pm on Tuesday, July 17 at the recreation ground near Brantham Leisure Centre.
A 40-year-old woman was with her young children when she got into a verbal spat with a group of teenagers playing football.
The altercation ended with the woman being hit in the face with a football and being mooned at.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “The 40-year-old female victim was with her young children while a group of 16-year-old teenagers were playing football.
You may also want to watch:
“After a verbal altercation between her and the group, the football struck her in the face. She turn back at the group who were being verbally abusive to her with one person exposing his bottom at her, leaving the victim distressed by the encounter.”
Anyone with information about the incident or knows the identity of the individuals involved should call police on 101 quoting crime reference 37/40260/18.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org