Woman raped after night out in Braintree
DETECTIVES are investigating the rape of a 23-year-old woman after she was attacked while walking home from a Braintree nightclub.The local woman was so traumatised by the attack which happened at around 3am on Sunday that police officers were only last nightable to release details of the incident.
DETECTIVES are investigating the rape of a 23-year-old woman after she was attacked while walking home from a Braintree nightclub.
The local woman was so traumatised by the attack which happened at around 3am on Sunday that police officers were only last night
able to release details of the incident.
Police said the victim had been to H2O nightclub in High Street, Braintree and told officers she believed her attackers had also been in the club that night.
When she left the 800-capacity club – which a member of staff last night remembered as being "averagely full" for a Saturday night - she walked along London Road and was attacked in an alleyway that leads to Kenworthy Road.
The victim described her attackers as being both white men.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 8 Triple murder accused appears in court
- 9 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 10 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
The first was in his 30s, 6ft tall, medium but muscular build, with mousey brown blond wavey hair, and a round face with stubble.
He also had two upper gold teeth in the centre and the right and a gold stud in his right ear.
He was wearing a cream jacket with brass buttons, a plain short-sleeved top and cream trousers. He spoke with what the woman described as a mixed local and Irish accent.
The second, younger man was in his late 20s or early 30s, 6ft 2ins tall, medium strong build, dark hair with a round face which was clean shaven.
He was dressed in a blue denim jacket, a white V-necked top and blue jeans. He spoke with a deep voice with a local accent.
Both men walked off along Notley Road after the attack.
Police have appealed to clubbers at the time who may recognise the men or may have seen them loitering in the area to call Braintree CID on 01376 551312 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 55511.