Woman rescued from flat fire
FIREFIGHTERS rescued a woman from a fire-hit flat in Ipswich tonight.
FIREFIGHTERS rescued a woman from a flat this evening after a blaze broke out.
Fire crews from Ipswich were called to the two-storey property in Victoria Street at 6.45pm to reports of a fire with a person inside a ground-floor flat.
Firefighters gained entry to the flat and rescued a 53-year-old woman. They discovered a small fire in the kitchen involving a grill pan.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was suffering from smoke inhalation and was taken to Ipswich Hospital by paramedics. It is not known how serious her injuries are.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car