Woman rushed to hospital following crash in Western Way, Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman had to be freed from her car after it was involved in a crash in a Suffolk town.
The collision between a BMW and a Toyota Yaris happened in Western Way, Bury St Edmunds around 1pm today.
The female driver of the Toyota was “medically trapped” in her vehicle following the crash, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said.
Firefighters worked alongside ambulance crews to free the woman.
She was taken to hospital with minor injuries, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire crews – two from Bury St Edmunds and one from Ixworth – attended the incident.
The road was clear by 2pm.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 8 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 9 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 10 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused