Woman's ex-boyfriend faces murder charge
THE FORMER partner of Suffolk mother Kim Fuller appeared in court yesterday charged with the 34-year-old's murder.Sean Hilton was brought before magistrates sitting in Peterborough following the discovery of the mother-of-two's body on a disused airfield in Langham, North Norfolk, on Sunday.
THE FORMER partner of Suffolk mother Kim Fuller appeared in court yesterday charged with the 34-year-old's murder.
Sean Hilton was brought before magistrates sitting in Peterborough following the discovery of the mother-of-two's body on a disused airfield in Langham, North Norfolk, on Sunday.
The 38-year-old has been charged with a single count of murder at an unknown location between Wednesday, March 2 and Sunday, March 6.
During a short hearing which lasted just ten minutes, Hilton, who was flanked in the dock by a male security guard and his female colleague, spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth, address and to inform the magistrates he had understood the proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
The defendant, of Brook Street, Soham, Cambridgeshire, did not enter a plea to the charge.
Prosecutor Anthea Harris outlined brief details of the allegation against the nurse, who works at Papworth Hospital in Cambridge, and said a post mortem carried out on Mrs Fuller's body revealed she had died from strangulation.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
There was also evidence, she said, of possible head injuries.
Hugh Cauthery, defending, made no application for bail during the hearing and Hilton, who was dressed in dark jean-like trousers and a grey long-sleeved top, was remanded in custody.
He will appear before Cambridge Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on Monday.
Moving tributes have been paid to Mrs Fuller, who has two young children from a previous relationship and worked at a building society in Mildenhall as a customer adviser.
Alan Graham, area manager for Nationwide, said: "Kim will be greatly missed. She was a fantastic people-person, at ease with colleagues and customers alike.
"She was extremely caring, always willing to put others first and willing to drop everything to help her colleagues out."
And the fitness fanatic's mother Connie Buckley – with whom she lived in St Wendred's Way, Exning – and stepfather Pete said in a statement: "We could not have wished for a better daughter than Kim.
"We are completely devastated to have lost her in this way."
Mrs Fuller was last seen on Thursday and her body was discovered three days later. The disused airfield in Langham was then sealed off by police while specialists examined the area.
A post mortem examination on Mrs Fuller's body was carried out at the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital on Tuesday by Home Office pathologist Dr Michael Heath.