Woman stabbed outside church
By Aynsley DavidsonA WOMAN is recovering in hospital today after she was dragged to the ground and stabbed in an unprovoked attack outside a church.Police described the assault as "shocking" and said they were hunting for a teenager in connection with the stabbing.
By Aynsley Davidson
A WOMAN is recovering in hospital today after she was dragged to the ground and stabbed in an unprovoked attack outside a church.
Police described the assault as "shocking" and said they were hunting for a teenager in connection with the stabbing.
The 22-year-old woman was walking past St Margaret's Church in Lowestoft at 6.20pm yesterday when she was violently attacked by the knifeman.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police said she had been heading towards St Margaret's Road when she had been dragged to the ground and stabbed in the back with a knife.
The woman, who has not been named, suffered serious injuries in the attack and she was taken to James Paget Hospital in Gorleston, where she was admitted for observations.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 6 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
Suffolk police said it was "an isolated, but shocking attack on a young female" and appealed for any witnesses to come forward.
A force spokeswoman added: "The injuries are not believed to be life-threatening and the attack was unprovoked and occurred in a public area."
The attacker was described as aged in his teens, with closely-cut hair wearing what was described as a red jacket.
Anyone with information about the stabbing should contact Lowestoft police on 01986 835100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.