Woman to be temporarily re-homed after bungalow blaze in Clacton
Firefighters tackled a blaze at a bungalow in Clacton yesterday.
The fire in Holbrook Close was reported at 3.30pm and crews from two fire engines had put out the blaze shortly after 3.45pm.
There were no reported serious injuries, and the fire is not thought to be suspicious.
An Essex County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus were called to extinguish a fire at a bungalow measuring eight metres by eight metres.
“One hose reel jet was sent to the scene before crews ventilated the property of smoke at 3.46pm.”
You may also want to watch:
A woman, 53, who lives at the home was out walking her dog at the time of the incident.
The Tendring District Council tenant was able to collect some belongings and was put up in a hotel by the authority last night.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
The council’s housing team will now look to provide her with a temporary home until repairs are completed on the property in Holbrook Close.