Woman treated for smoke inhalation after fire in flat’s kitchen
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Three fire crews were sent to a blaze in the kitchen of a flat last night.
It happened at 11.26pm in London Road South, Lowestoft.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the property, which was heavily smoke-logged, and put out the fire in the kitchen using a single hose reel jet.
Initially it was reported one person was unable to get out of the flat, but she was escorted to safety by the first crew on site.
She suffered smoke inhalation and was treated by paramedics.
The fire was out by 12.05am.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 6 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release