Women across town are gearing up for midnight walk
SUFFOLK: More than 1,500 women will pound the streets of Ipswich in the name of charity.
The town’s annual Midnight Walk event is expected to raise thousands of pounds for St Elizabeth Hospice.
Those taking part will embark on an eight-mile circular walk, which will start at Ipswich Town Football Club in Portman Road around midnight on Saturday May 22.
Last year over 2,300 women took part, and as 1,500 people have already signed up – this year’s event looks set to be bigger than ever.
Event organisers are hoping that the event will raise about �250,000 for the Hospice, which provides specialist care for people throughout East Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
There are still plenty of spaces up for grabs and walkers, who will be kept entertained and motivated throughout, are encouraged to wear fancy dress.
Emily Sullivan, organiser of the Midnight Walk, said: “We are hoping as many women as possible will sign up this month.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
“Mums in particular may have a bit more time during the East school holidays to get round to signing up and we would love to have them on board.
“It’s going to be a great girls’ night out!”
Closing date for registration is Friday, April 23.
The registration fee is �15 and includes a Midnight Walk T-shirt to wear on the night, refreshments along the way and a goody bag.
For more information about Midnight Walk 2010 call 01473 707043 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women can register online now at www.midnightwalkipswich.co.uk