Women aged 85 and 91 fall prey to Clacton con men
- Credit: Su Anderson
Two Clacton women were victims of phony workmen.
A man forced his way into the home of a 91-year-old woman in Walton Road, pushing her over, after she asked for proof he was from the water board, just after 8am on Saturday.
As he went into a bedroom and searched drawers, she challenged him, and he left after a short struggle.
The man was white, 40-50, of medium build, wearing a grey windcheater coat, with grey shoulder panels and a hood.
In the second incident, a man knocked on an 85-year-old’s door in Hawthorn Road at 8am on Sunday, claiming he had been sent by the council to check the gutters.
You may also want to watch:
She directed him to the side of the property, but he had already left by the time she opened the gate. She then discovered her handbag missing from her bedroom.
He was in his 30s, of medium build, about 5ft 5in, wearing a dark jacket.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 10 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
If you can help police, call Dc White at Clacton CID on 101.