Women jump from upstairs window to escape burglary
TWO young women jumped from an upstairs window of a house to escape an aggravated burglary.
Both women were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, one suffering a broken elbow and another with spinal injuries, following the episode in Haverhill yesterday.
Police were called to a house in Elmdon Place at 4.05pm after a door was kicked in and furniture thrown.
Officers found an argument going on outside the home and immediately arrested a 27-year-old man from Haverhill.
A knife was also seized at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A man at the house was assaulted and suffered a swollen lip during the incident.
Police are appealing for anyone who was in the area around this time to come forward if they saw any part of these events.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
Anyone with any information is asked to call DC Sarah Shepperson at Suffolk police on 01473 613500.