Women on Wheels at Rendlesham cancelled with heavy rain and wind forecast
- Credit: Archant
Women On Wheels was due to take place at Rendlesham tomorrow but forecast heavy wind and rain has meant it will now not be held and instead will be rearranged for next April.
TJ Haworth-Culf, cabinet member for customers, communities and leisure at Suffolk Coastal District Council, said: “We’re really sorry to be cancelling Sunday’s event.
“We’ve taken advice from our health and safety and emergency planning teams, and for the safety of everyone involved in the event, we’ve agreed it’s the right thing to do.
“We want the rides to be an enjoyable experience for everyone and we felt because the rides are aimed at women and girls who may not be regular cyclists, we didn’t want to put them off cycling.
“We’re now contacting everyone to inform them and a member of the team will be at Army Rock Barracks on Sunday there in case people do turn up.”
Anyone who has booked to take part can either transfer their booking onto the event planned for April or receive a refund.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking