Road closures and parking suspensions announced for Women’s Tour
- Credit: citizenside.com
Residents in Southwold, Framlingham, Wickham Market and Woodbridge could all be affected.
In less than a month’s time the women’s tour will be heading to Suffolk for the first stage of the competition.
Ahead of the big day Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Council’s have released information about which roads will be affected by the event so that drivers can plan in advance.
Between 00:01 and 18:00 on 13 June, the following roads will be closed and on-street parking suspended on:
You may also want to watch:
• North Parade
• Marlborough Road (from Pier Avenue to junction of North Parade)
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 6 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
• Dunwich Road
• Field Stile Road (from North Parade to Marlborough Road)
In addition, on-street parking will also be suspended from 00:01 until 12:00 on the following roads:
• A1095 Halesworth Road (from the junction with Lakeside Park Drive to Pier Avenue)
• Pier Avenue
• North Parade
• Field Stile Road
• Marlborough Road
• North Road
• Dunwich Road
Extra parking will be available at Millennium Green Car Park, with the Pier car park open in the morning.
Between 00:01 and 12:00 on 13 June, the following roads will be closed and on-street parking suspended on:
• Bridge Street (from Riverside to Market Hill)
• Market Hill
• Church Street
• Castle Street
On street parking will also be suspended from 00:01 until 12:00 on Wednesday 13 June on:
• Fore Street
• College Road (from Vyces to Well Close Square)
• Well Close Square
Between 08:00am and 14:00, it will be necessary to suspend on street parking on the following roads within Wickham Market:
• Dallinghoo Road - Broad Road to B1438 High Street
• B1078 High Street - Access Road from B1078 Wickham Bridge to Dallinghoo Road (Market Hill)
Between 08:00am and 14:00, it will be necessary to suspend on street parking on the following roads within Woodbridge:
• Melton Road
• Melton Hill
Cars will also not be allowed to wait in the areas that have restrictions from June 12. The council’s ask that any vehicles are removed from the roads affected before the restrictions are put into place. They warn that any vehicle left parked on those roads may be removed to an alternative location away from the route.
Residents living in these streets will be sent a letter soon telling them how they could be affected on the day.
In a joint statement, TJ Haworth-Culf, Suffolk Coastal District Council’s cabinet member for customers, communities and leisure and Michael Ladd, Waveney District Council’s cabinet member for economic development and tourism said: “We are thrilled to be welcoming the OVO Energy Women’s Tour back to our region once again.
“This popular event brings many visitors to east Suffolk and provides a real boost to the local economy and although there may be a small amount of disruption in some areas, we hope that local communities will show their support for this incredible sporting spectacle.”
Maps of the area affected are available online.