Will this abnormal load in Suffolk create traffic chaos?
Traffic delays are likely on part of the A12 as police escort a large rig across the county.
The large vehicle and cargo will occupy more than one lane of traffic and motorists are advised to avoid the route it is taking or to expect delays,
The escort will begin at 12pm to minimise disruption.
Starting on local roads in Bawdsey the rig will head through Alderton, Hollesley, Melton, part of the A12 and end its journey in Martlesham.
The affected routes are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
Ferry Road, Bawdsey, Woodbridge
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 3 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 4 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
A12 between Woodbridge and Martlesham
and finally Sandy Lane, Martlesham, before entering local roads.