Woodbridge: Blaze in airing cupboard

FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a fire which started in an airing cupboard.

The fire brigade were alerted at around 8am to the incident in a first-floor flat in Wilding Court, Portland Crescent in Woodbridge.

A crew from the town’s fire station and another from the Colchester Road fire station in Ipswich discovered the blaze was caused by a time switch in the cupboard.

After checking to see if the flames had spread the incident was under control by 8.16am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus