Woodbridge: Couple with Royal ‘connection’ welcome their baby daughter into the world
- Credit: Archant
When James and Charlotte Durrant announced they were expecting their first baby they did so on the same day as Royalty’s most sought after couple.
It was not the first time they had shared the limelight with Prince William and Catherine Middleton - having married on the same day in April 2011.
Now the Woodbridge couple have welcomed their bundle of joy into the world - just a few weeks before the Royal arrival is due.
Beatrice Eileen Susan Durrant was born at 4.14am on Wednesday, May 29, at Ipswich Hospital.
She weighed in at a healthy 8lbs12oz - bang on her due date.
You may also want to watch:
Both mother and daughter are in good health and Mr Durrant said they could not be happier.
“It requires some adjusting to, certainly, but everything is going really well, ” the 29-year-old, who works for Clarke and Simpson estate agents in Framlingham, said. “We decided to name her Beatrice after one of Charlotte’s grandmothers. Eileen is the name of another of her grandmothers, while my mother’s name is Susan.”
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 3 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 6 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 9 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
Mrs Durrant, 35, an oncology nurse specialist at Ipswich Hospital, was looked after on both Orwell and Deben wards during her labour.
Her husband said they would like to thank the nurses and staff who cared for them so well.
“They were fantastic,” he said. “Absolutely amazing. We can’t sing their praises loud enough.”