Woodbridge: Couple with Royal ‘connection’ welcome their baby daughter into the world
- Credit: Archant
When James and Charlotte Durrant announced they were expecting their first baby they did so on the same day as Royalty’s most sought after couple.
It was not the first time they had shared the limelight with Prince William and Catherine Middleton - having married on the same day in April 2011.
Now the Woodbridge couple have welcomed their bundle of joy into the world - just a few weeks before the Royal arrival is due.
Beatrice Eileen Susan Durrant was born at 4.14am on Wednesday, May 29, at Ipswich Hospital.
She weighed in at a healthy 8lbs12oz - bang on her due date.
Both mother and daughter are in good health and Mr Durrant said they could not be happier.
“It requires some adjusting to, certainly, but everything is going really well, ” the 29-year-old, who works for Clarke and Simpson estate agents in Framlingham, said. “We decided to name her Beatrice after one of Charlotte’s grandmothers. Eileen is the name of another of her grandmothers, while my mother’s name is Susan.”
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 7 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 8 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
Mrs Durrant, 35, an oncology nurse specialist at Ipswich Hospital, was looked after on both Orwell and Deben wards during her labour.
Her husband said they would like to thank the nurses and staff who cared for them so well.
“They were fantastic,” he said. “Absolutely amazing. We can’t sing their praises loud enough.”