Woodbridge: Decision on TIC move to be made in November
A DECISION on whether to move Woodbridge’s tourist information services into the local library will now be made by Suffolk Coastal’s Cabinet at its November 6 meeting, it has been announced.
The ever increasing demand for online services and its own tough financial situation has seen Suffolk Coastal consulting with its Woodbridge Tourist Information Centre (TIC) staff about its plans.
Cllr Geoff Holdcroft, Cabinet Member for Leisure and Economic Development said: “We have an on-going review of all our services, because of our need to save money following a reduction of over 30 per cent in our funding from Whitehall.
“This confirmed that the numbers using our TICs, as well as those around the rest of the country, is declining.
“Our aim is to make sure that all our services are efficient and relevant, and the reality is that more and more people are going online for their tourist information and fewer are visiting our TICs.
You may also want to watch:
“I think it makes both economic and service sense to relocate our tourist information services, and all the issues regarding that proposal will now be discussed by Cabinet in November. We have been open about these plans and they will be fully aired and debated before the decision is made.”
It is proposed to offer a new service for tourists at Woodbridge library as part of a new Suffolk Coastal information facility. The council would also continue to focus on improving its internet-based services.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour