Woodbridge: Driver in police custody after early morning pursuit
- Credit: Archant
A 21-YEAR-old man is in custody on suspicion of dangerous driving and drink-driving after an 11-minute police pursuit early today.
The driver’s arrest took place around 1.30am after the car he was in allegedly failed to stop for an officer in Hacheston, near Woodbridge.
Lisa Miller, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said: “At approximately 1.22am the driver of a Ford Focus failed to stop for a police officer along Easton Road in Hacheston.
“A pursuit ensued and the driver was eventually stopped along the B1078 at Wickham Market.
“The driver, a 21-year-old man from Woodbridge, was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop for a police officer, dangerous driving and driving whilst unfit.
You may also want to watch:
“The man is currently being held in custody at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Woman's body found in village home
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview